View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 06:03 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanks View Post
I finally got around to tackling this project. I simply cut out all the old electrolytics and soldered in the new ones. My beginner soldering job was kind of sloppy but apparently good enough for the electricity to pass through. I didn't even bother to rebuild the can. I was originally under the impression I would be cutting out ALL the capacitors which is why I found it so daunting. I was under the idea that film capacitors should be replaced. Set has been on for about 2 hours, no problems. During the first 20 minutes picture was occasionally jumpy. I guess it either wasn't warmed up or the settings weren't adjusted properly. This is a 1971 Zenith. Speaker is starting to get tinny, don't know where to go for that problem.
If the bias voltages are good in the audio section, check different fine-tuning settings to see if any improve sound...If none are better tune for best pic then adjust the Buzz control for best sound.

The main difference between console and portable Zeniths is that the consoles have bigger chassis with more parts and room to work.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma