Thread: K-cars
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 03:06 AM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
Even Ford's 1.6L I4 is technically a hemi but fortunately I haven't seen any fender tags announcing this.
Prob because 'Hemi' is a Chrysler-owned trademark lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon A. View Post
The 2.2 probably is the best K motor, the 2.5 seemed rather problematic to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishdude View Post
Did you mean 2.6? The 2.5 is just a 2.2 with a larger bore and longer stroke with a balance shaft added. The 2.5 adds a lot of low end torque, and the balance shaft really smooths the engine out.
^ This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
My uncle's last Chrysler was a 74-76? Dodge Monaco like the ones on Blues Brothers, and it kinda came apart like in the movie, just not all at once. It use to take a lot of cranking to get it running, it had no power, 6mpg, lights and horn were active together at times, turn signals came with audio accompany. It was the worst car he had, he followed that with a 4WD Eagle, AMC I think at the time.
It's a shame that some cars get a bad rap just because nobody bothered fixing them. It sounds like it only needed a carb cleaning/adjustment and some ground wires fixed. As if those were uncommon problems in the 70s... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgross0 View Post
Who says unicorns don't exist? I saw an AMC Eagle rolling down Greenway Parkway last week, and was shocked by how 'good' it looked. At least it was distinctive and had personality, which most modern cars lack.
I really like the original Eagles. I mean... they're basically a car bolted onto a Jeep CJ chassis. You can legit go rock crawling with a stock Eagle. A buddy of mine in college once asked if I wanted to ride in his friend's 'AMG' as he was going to get an oil change. I shrugged, and went along because I had nothing better to do. I kept looking around in the parking lot for a Mercedes, but I was pleasantly surprised that the dude hopped in an AMC Eagle! I think my friend was a bit disappointed lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Same kinda story for GM and using known
bad or under designed bolts in the early Quad-4's. They all knowingly made
and sold crap for way too long....
A lot of 70s cars sucked, because of auto factory workers' union problems. Strikes and all that.