View Single Post
Old 06-02-2018, 01:07 AM
Duck, you sucker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIPS View Post
Note all the youtube reviews above are major channels where the core demographic are "Starbucks regulars".
There's a reason they are so expensive. Right now the core demographic of buyers is hipsters who want that "vintage" (*hurk*) Atari product with those "retro" (*wrench*) graphics and they got a PHP programming (*puke*) job giving them a lot of cash.
Oh yeah, I know. They are driving up the prices of many things. I used to by sealed original pressings of albums for a few bucks years ago, but now that the hipsters are into vinyl, the price has increased greatly.

Still, the cost I was noting was based on inflation. Was pointing out that people back in '76 were basically paying 500 bucks for those units (adjusted for inflation). That's quite a bit back then.

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650