View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 12:10 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortalexfan View Post
It's not an amplifier, it's a receiver.

And if I have to research the substitutes for the output transistors for this receiver myself then that basically just puts me back to square one, basically I might as well junk out the stereo because it's not worth my time and money to have to scour every dark corner of the internet just to try and find a NOS Russian Germanium output transistor substitute for my receiver that may or not even exist!.
It makes no difference to me whether it is a amp or reciever or a transistor am portable...SS is SS, and I barely care about it.

Compare datasheets between what what you have and what you think might work.
Not everything is going to be handed to anyone trying to repair vintage gear. Sometimes you gotta do the research to fix something....may as well get good at research... Folks who know are dying off. And sometimes even if there is someone who will hand you the answer if you know how to pull it from documents you find it faster yourself.

It ain't my problem if your not motivated enough to follow up on some potentially helpful advice...
Some categories of things you probably should not buy broken in the first place if you are not interested in putting in some effort to fix...I walk away from stuff for that reason regularly.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4