View Single Post
Old 04-26-2023, 01:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Update:

Doh! I did not realize that the diodes X11 and X12 were germanium and not silicon ones. Most of the diodes in the tv are indeed silicon but these two are germanium. They are painted black on the glass which confused me. I pulled them both off the tv and noticed the voltage drop as being .50V to .60V for both of them during the multimeter diode function test which is way too high for germanium 1N34A diodes. Voltage drop should be about .3V

So I got two replacement germanium diodes which were the correct voltage drop and soldered them in place.

Also the 6GH8A tube has been tested by my recently acquired and working EICO 667 tube tester. The 6GH8A in this tv appears to be an original one. There is SOME leakage but not an unacceptable amount among the elements. The emissions are just barely in the red weak zone. I compared the emissions to a known good NOS RCA 6GH8A and sure enough the NOS tube had very good emissions and no short or leaks.

I replaced all three can caps as well at this point finally with quality nichicon ones, Hopefully this will all make a difference.