View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 11:05 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmesuser01 View Post
That was probably my post. Dad tried for several years to find a replacement cutting head for his Recordio.

A friend of mine that passed on a few years ago had a really nice record cutting machine, and he had the cutting head rewound twice during the time I knew him.

I'd like to aquire a Recordio today, now that I could easily work on it.

I think you just answered one of my questions: what may have burned out in the record cutter head on your dad's Recordio. It must have been a coil, if his was anything like your friend's record cutter. I guess those coils had a habit of burning out, depending on how much the record cutter was used. The one in your dad's Recordio, as I mentioned, must have been a very special type of part if he searched for several years (with no luck) to find a replacement. Strange. I thought those cutting heads were pretty much all alike, with one universal part fitting just about any type of record cutter available at the time.

Keep your eyes open on eBay and CL if you are looking for another Recordio. I'm sure they turn up on either site now and then.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Audiokarma