View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 10:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've only seen the REPU (I didn't know it by name until you mentioned it) in pictures. As a little kid I thought my Dad was saying that his truck had a "Monza" engine! I used to always sit in the middle of the seat and he would let me do the shifting while he worked the clutch. One of his favorite things to do: just near our house was what passes as a hill around here (not much of one!) and every time we would get to that spot in the road Dad would kill the ignition, let it coast down the hill, then turn the key back on causing a real nice series of backfires. He did that pretty much every single time-I'm sure the neighbors were thrilled! Another time I recall him driving through a corn field, around harvest time...I'm not sure why he would have done that, but I was by his side as usual and it was a ball...there were so many cornstalks stuck in the front that he had to pull the grille off to clean it out. He had rollbars on it, and painted it about once a year. (started off baby blue, then it was white, then finally a pretty dark blue metallic) When he went to trade it in (on a used '76 Dodge D100) the salesman made the mistake of not taking the Courier for a test drive, so he found out too late about all the blue smoke.