Thread: AMC Eagle
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2018, 10:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

I'll just replace the entire ball chain with a new piece as it looks to be repaired once already.

I'm just more baffled by how inconsistent the service manual is on the cruise control. I can see in other google images the actuator has a vacuum reservoir but the Popular Mechanics article doesn't indicate one as part of the kit.
Likewise I was expecting the large diameter hose to be manifold vacuum. Wrong. It's the smaller diameter vacuum port. The larger diameter hose runs inside the car and to the brake release switch which until now I didn't completely recognize as having a vacuum port on it, since it's bolted to the brake pedal.

Worse yet I still cannot tell if this was aftermarket or dealer. As mentioned the kit and AMC's package are the same thing. All the parts cross-reference even though for example AMC lists a different inline speed sensor while Dana and Popular Mechanics list what I have now which is a magnet strapped to the driveshaft while the speed transducer is bolted next to it.

Whatever. If it works it works.

Last edited by MIPS; 10-28-2018 at 02:36 PM.