View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 09:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Painting progress:

Painting stops for now until my buddy gets back to me with those pieces to be sandblasted so I can reserve paint for finishing them. I am down to six cans of paint and then that's it.
Likewise as I was expecting to be a problem the paint is going on uneven and attempts so far to deal with the overspray striping has not worked. Perhaps a finishing clearcoat will mask it?

Alas, even though this has been baking in the sun for over two months I was STILL finding water dripping out of it when it was uprighted. I had to open the cabinet further to inspect the fiberglass insulation which was indeed still wet but the mold and rust damage was minimal so I've had them hanging on the line for the last week to bake the last of the moisture out of it before it gets slightly refluffed and reinstalled. There's another guy who restored a fridge on youtube who opted to replace the fiberglass with expanding foam but that is just asking for trouble should you ever need to get back into the machine again for any reason.