View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 09:42 AM
Modulating Madness

Alright thanks again guys. I tested the PSU and it was putting out something like 13+ volts on the 12v line and around 6+ volts on the 5v line!
There was a variable resistor inside that I simply played with and got the voltage to settle back to the 5 and 12 it should be, plugged in and... IT WORKED.
That was all it took.
BTW the CMOS battery was still good!
I got some numbers from the board but nothing special. It is just a slot/poker machine game like the Cherry Master ones I see online. I think I seen revision 2 on the board. I forgot the paper with the board numbers over at my friends but it has a Z80 CPU.
Actually kind of boring to play lol, just feed it dollars and you don't really win any real prize haha.
We have to figure out how to bypass the money feeder next so they can hit a magic button or something and play, while making random guests feed it money
It surprised me that most of the circuitry, or at least the monitor was on a isolated 120 to 120v transformer on the bottom of the cabinet. Most of the wiring is really scattered and there is still a security box inside with cut wires going to a blue game like button on the back corner which I am guessing was a security reset? Bunch of odd stuff going on inside of it. I will try to get pics next time.

Last edited by darklife; 04-29-2016 at 10:01 AM.