View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 07:53 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by etype2 View Post
Mike has a RE21FBP22 test CRT. Good to know about the substitute. I see Amazon has dag solutions.

I’d like to point out in pix# 2, a user “convergence” control. Pix#8, notice the cable leading to rear mounted hue control. I’d like to rig the cable forward and exiting at the bottom of the cabinet. In this way I can actually see the adjustments on the screen. The mirror idea seems ridiculous on a restored set. For purists, we can easily restore to it’s original position. Pix #13, blocking while releasing tension loading.

We shall see as the restoration progress’s.
An option I'd research if I had one of these sets is the possibility of locating the hue control in the pencil box. If any of the user controls in the pencil box are non-concentric shaft controls, and if any of those are standard pot resistance values what I'd do is find a concentric pot with inner shaft (rear pot) resistance matching the hue and outer shaft (front pot) resistance matching the existing pencil box pot (or vice versa if it was a control I adjust less frequently than hue). Then I'd remove and save the original single pot from the pencil box and install the new concentric shaft dual pot and wire the original function and the hue to the respective sections of the new pot...It would be cleaner than dangling wires for the hue control out the bottom of the cabinet and your MUCH less likely to mash up the hue pot/wiring when moving the set.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma