View Single Post
Old 11-18-2023, 07:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am at the same place with my 25DC56 restoration. My set has the original Zenith 25VBQP22 CRT. I believe my set is low hour but it was plugged in it's entire life, prior to me purchasing it on FB last year. My CRT tests good on a Sencore CR70 but does not test well with the life test. The red gun is the weakest of the 3 and no matter how I set it up, it does not want to track well. The focus peaks but isn't very good. It looks much better in low light. I did not try to rejuvenate/restore because it is still watchable. I'm hoping to get my set to a better level.

I have several generations of Zenith, Video Display, and Sylvania CRT guides and came to the same conclusion you did that the 25VAQP22 was a substitute. I was able to find a VDC 25VAQP22 and plan to install it over the holiday weekend and will let you know. Is the tube you are considering NOS or rebuilt?

I haven't been able to understand how a rebuilt VDC 25VAQ compares to the original Zenith CRT? Black Matrix? How did the rebuilders, Zenith, Sylvania, RCA, VDC, compare with each other?