View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 12:22 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaFreak View Post
Now, I am having difficulty locating the test points on the power supply. I'm used to them having 'TP' prefixes, and I'm not seeing anything like that.
I've never worked on this model so I can't say for sure, but taking a quick look at the service manual there are several different possible power supplies and, indeed, it looks like there aren't test points for the Vs and Va. You're supposed to just stick your probe into the back of the output connector. (There should be a silk-screened legend beside the connector.) Your negative multimeter probe can just go to any convenient chassis metal like one of the wallmount holes as the chassis is at circuit ground potential. Vsc/Vscan is usually one of the only ones that you measure across a resistor or capacitor rather than to ground as it is floating.

If you have a decent camera, perhaps you could post a couple good close-up pictures of the various boards and one of the whole back of the TV so I can see what we're dealing with and how everything is interconnected.