View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 11:52 PM
AK Member

Just checking things out on this thread. My aunt which is full german and 72 years of age has a very beautiful and i mean beautiful damn near perfect console stereo . I was over her place the other day and asked her did it work and she says no, that it needed these tubes replaced . So i would assume its all tube? I dont have the name of the console but i did look at it for a minute . Its about 4 ft long and 3 ft tall. Has very skinny legs about 4 inches tall and is a very nice dark walnut finish. The 2 glass doors are at the top of the front panel and slide side to side to gain access to the turntable on the left and the tuner on the right which has all german lettering on it. The 2 glass doors have a diamond pattern (gold) enlay on them .There is storage under the TT and Tuner with there own doors ( very solid and heavy). This is a very beautiful piece. Can anyone point me in the right direction to where i might be able to find something on this . She thinks it could be as old as 80+ years. She did say when it played it sounds so warm and beautiful. I would like to get this up and going for her . Plus she says one day it will be mine. Thanks for any help