Thread: Site not secure
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:25 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
Yes, you're exactly right. It's unfortunate in my view, but the industry at large is trying to eradicate the HTTP protocol, even though there isn't anything wrong with it, in and of itself. It's just not encrypted.
I agree. There is nothing wrong with HTTP; this protocol has been used and is still used on websites world wide. However, it can and should, IMHO, be replaced by HTTPS, the sooner the better. Most sites do not need the security of HTTPS, but in the case of online banking, shopping, etc. sites security is of the utmost importance since sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, is being transmitted over the Internet. If the site isn't secure, any hacker can get the information almost literally in the blink of an eye. This, BTW, is also why many websites don't show the characters typed into text boxes, particularly those asking for passwords and the like. The first time I saw this, on an online banking website, I thought my computer keyboard wasn't working; a quick check of the keyboard using my word processor, however, confirmed that the keyboard was OK. This was when I realized the site I had been using was deliberately blanking out information being input into its text boxes, almost certainly for security reasons.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.
Audiokarma