View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 12:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Jeffhs, your first post has you all worried about needing to rescan your TV to change the OTA channel and asking us how to do it...without even telling us the brand and model of your TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffhs View Post
This article also stated that TV viewers may need to rescan their TVs once the station's OTA transmitter is sold. If this happens (as I am sure it will), how do I go about rescanning my own television?
Your second post indicates that rescanning your TV involves a lot of trouble.

Quote:
How will I get the new DTV channel for Cleveland's channel 43 without going to a lot of trouble?
You then disclose that you are not receiving the station OTA anyway, that you are receiving the station via cable, making your need to rescan your TV totally unnecessary.

Quote:
For jr_tech: Yes, I still have my Roku and a cable connection (no standard television antenna), so I should not have to rescan my TV even if the channels change.
You then confess that none of this matters anyway, because you don't even want to watch that particular channel...

Quote:
On second thought, why should I worry about it? I almost never watch channel 43 anyway, since the station carries most Cleveland sports and I do not care for sports--never have in all my 60 years and never will.
So why did you even post in the first place? It seems that every few months you launch into an attack on your TV reception issues and long for the way things were in the past. Times have changed, and your griping repeatedly about it is not going to change things back to the way they once were. You've got to learn to accept that things change and learn to adapt to it. And if you have such difficulty with problems like using your TV because the remote confuses you, ask for the help of family, friends, or neighbors who can easily show you in person what to do.

Audiokarma