Thread: An Analog Treat
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2015, 10:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
Both are pretty bad. I have yet to see a modern TV even be able to nick the surface of the Trinitron Systems longevity and reliability.

I'm 30. When I was a kid, in 1990, mom gave me my first TV. It's a 13" Sony Trinitron set. Single row of lit push buttons on the right side of the TV, with an early front coax plug. Manufactured 1983.

I used it from 1990, every day, many days on 24 hours a day, to 2004 when I replaced it with a larger set. I still own it, and it still works just fine. The larger modern set died in three years. I tossed it to the wind years ago, it was an Akai or some no name trash.

The death of Analog TV as well was a total crock. Completely not necessary. It's money, they wanted to sell the bands for Cell phones because there is big money in that market.
I agree 100 percent Arcanine.Its a corrupt crock of nonsense. I dont want to go off the handle on here of my feelings about it.Radio is next.

I have a similar set like that which was modified hospital or hotel use.They eliminated the UHF selector on it.

Your set has a great pix on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeno View Post
I would rather have snow, ghost, fading etc than nothing.
Went from over 20 OTA on rabbit ears to one intermitant station.
Stations from 5 states up to 125 + miles from perfect to watchable.
But whats done is done, free TV ended with NTSC for many. RIP

73 Zeno
Me to Zeno.The same here.Used to receive about the same amount of stations and now to half of one.

The last great advance for TV was MTS stereo in the 1980's .No more muddy mono TV sound.