View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 01:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

I really like Sencore stuff as well. When cleaning out TV shops Sencore stuff is what causes the most excitement. Unfortunately most closed shops have been left without climate control and have roofs that have been leaking for years and years so any test gear is usually rough, but working.

"Ever had a set where the horizontal sweep circuit was dead?". Kinda in a way. I see many familiar people here from the thread I have on the RCA tubed set. Would there be a reason to use a unit to power the flyback when the RCA set kinda works? I get that strained whine from the RCA but it would be kinda cool to have the screen show some raster again. Any questions regarding hooking it up should be looked up in the manual to not waste anyones time on a beginner. This RCA has been a pain for over a year (it gets a couple hours of attention every day).

Amazingly the B&K units have the manuals with them, or at least a couple do. Condition may be poor but if they aren't too rotted they should help a lot.

With the last shop clean out I got a large amount of service literature. There is a stack of "RCA service field manuals" and a bunch of other goodies. However there is nothing catered to someone just starting. All literature that shows up is directed to someone who is either professionally trained or something else along those lines. I can read it all but lack the understanding.