View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
You may be able to improve grayscale by adjusting it well after the 10 min warmup... the rest is standard fare for a weak CRT... you may find balance warmup varies with time between last run. On a roundy I plan to replace it will take around half an hour to balance with a week off... With over 1 month off it will take 2 hours to balance, and start out barely lighting at all.

Cataracts especially the green ones are easy to fix... certainly less hastle than recapping a Dumont, or refinishing a wood cabinet.
This is the only tv I've done the cataract procedure on, and it looks fantastic. What you describe is what I saw, it hadn't been on in a year or two and it came up very, very slow.

It does balance out well when it's warm, except red smears a bit because it's pinned all the way up. The Motorola chassis makes a wonderful clean picture, very little geometric distortion and great colour. Sounds good too.

I have an RCA tv which has a nos testing 25XP22 in it, which would likely look better with the motorola chassis than it does with the CTC38 it's in. Some day maybe will make the swap - that one does have an RCA style cataract needing repair still though.
Audiokarma