View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sitting in my shop at my ballpark is our 1999 Sony 50" plasma from the lobby of the old park. Model number next week when I dig it out...all $12,000 worth. I think it may be 720p capable. Stay tuned. And if I can find a few good men to move this 200+ pound beast, I will unbox it and see if it still works. It's been in the box since late 2003. I remember it in our lobby at the old park but do not remember how we fed it. I hope the remote is in the box.

And in my new ballpark in a public hallway is a 2003 Zenith (LG) 4x3 40" or so plasma. It runs 24/7 fed in analog by a $59 DVD in an eternal loop with some trivia questions for the passers-by. It used to be fed by a Firefly hard drive player which would quit on a yearly basis. I subbed the DVD 4 years ago and it runs 24/7 also. I can get a pix of that also next week. It shows no diminishing of the pix after 7 years. And we have a new marketing deal with Sharp to change out 750 flat screens which means that this Zenith will come down and I will be there to catch it.

Oh dear moderators, could we be on the edge of a new Vintage Plasma category? Then again, Vintage Plasma is an oxymoron.

And who remembers the early Japanese late-80"s attempts at HD in analog? Something above 1080,

Dave A

Last edited by Dave A; 12-03-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: typo