View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 03:31 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan 1966 View Post
Yeah, I agree that is one positive thing with DTV. I live in Tiltonsville, OH, moved here to be closer to my gradeschool buddy after I lost my mother in 2013. I live in the Ohio River Valley and I only get two TV station over the air, but at least both have 1 main channel and 2 subchannels. WTRF in Wheeling on 7 carries CBS as their main channel and they have ABC on a subchannel and another channel as well. ABC does not come into the valley too well since the closest affiliate is in Pittsburgh and WTAE, channel 4, does go far very well. The other station is WTOV, channel 9, in Steubenville, I get NBC, Fox and MeTV on there. MeTV is what I watch 90% of the time.
You can still get all three major networks since channel 7 carries CBS, channel 9 is NBC, and channel 7 has a subchannel that carries ABC, so you don't have to worry about whether or not the ABC affiliate in Pittsburgh reaches your house. I don't know whether you can get PBS where you are (I think the closest PBS affiliate to you might be WQED in Pittsburgh), but since PBS affiliates are usually much weaker than commercial TV stations, the Pittsburgh affiliate may not reach you unless you have a powerful antenna.

BTW, I was glad to see your post, as I often wonder how you are since your mother died and you moved to southeastern Ohio three years ago.

Also, I hope your cats are OK. My own cat, Kiki, is going to be ten years old very soon (I've never been sure exactly when she was born, only that it was some time in 2006; I got her from an animal shelter near here when she was just three), and is doing quite well; affectionate, likes to stay close to me every chance she gets, and so on. I couldn't ask for a nicer cat.

I was thinking about you the other evening when I was watching my 20-year-old Zenith 19" CRT TV (I wanted to see if it still works, as I don't use it much anymore since getting my flat screen set in 2011).

Do you still have your Zenith console you had when you were at the other house, and if so, how is it working now? Those older Zeniths were built like tanks. My CRT set is living proof of that. I've had it 20 years, and it still works every bit as well as when it was new in 1995. Even has its original CRT, which still makes an excellent picture. I mention the tube because my set was made during the era when Zenith televisions had "bad" CRTs that would short after about two years, taking the video output and at least one other circuit at roughly the same time.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.