Thread: Numitron tubes
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:14 PM
Collector of heavy things

Yeah, I've had the board for Sal's Numitron clock partially-built for a long time now. Just need to find a place to mount the 9-pin tube sockets, solder those umpteen diodes to their lugs, mount everything in place, and hopefully it'll keep time. In addition to this, I've amassed a number of nixie tubes, as well as a 5UP1 CRT which oughta make for a nice clock if I can find an o'scope tube driver able to manage a tube this large (most of the circuits I've seen seem to be suitable for 3" or smaller CRTs).

In addition to the various ongoing projects, I also have a couple of cool early digital clocks which were built by other people. I have an old B&F Enterprises nixie clock which was built from a kit circa 1972, and though it had many issues when I got it, most of its ills have been taken care of (I hope). I also have numerous Heathkit Panaplex digital clocks, though only one of them is currently working, a GC-1092D. Hopefully, I can get the other ones working, as well as another homebrew nixie clock I have which had been gutted for some of its parts before I got it. As you can probably tell, I have a thing for oddball clocks..........

Stereo: Pioneer SPEC-4, Pioneer SPEC-1, Kenwood KT-7500, Dual 1219, Nakamichi BX-100, Pioneer PD-M60, Paradigm Studio Monitors

Last edited by AdamAnt316; 04-14-2018 at 06:46 PM.