View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 09:59 PM
<----Zenith C845

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post
Shipping isn't entirely out of the question. If it's in a large box and WELL-bubble-wrapped, I don't see the problem. If you really don't want it, put it on ebay for a really cheap price (allowing plenty for shipping, of course). Worst case nobody bites and you wasted like $1 on ebay fees.
One dollar in eBay fees? I think you must be joking, as eBay charges some fairly hefty fees just to list an item there. Add to that the cost of packing materials, shipping, and other incidental expenses, and you will arrive at a total far more than $1. If you are shipping an especially large item, say a console TV, the shipping charges will be very high. Make sure the contents of any package you ship are well-protected, as some carriers are somewhat less than gentle with parcels. I have read here more than once of packages that arrived at their destinations smashed or otherwise mutilated; in fact, I had a radio shipped to me from Arizona via UPS some years ago that arrived here with loose potentiometers, not to mention other damage. One of the damaged parts was a NLA (no longer available) 2-megohm stereo pot used as a volume control. That radio is now sitting under a cover in my bedroom, unused, and may remain there for years to come, since I am in no position to work on it at this time.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.