View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 10:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2ise View Post
Hi JBL_GUY, this diagram I think would summarize it:
If you read my post that would have been in your email notification if you are subscribed to this thread, you will see that I explained the same thing in detail.

It is just that my medications and health got ahead of me and I was not even sure what I had posted, so I deleted the post. I wanted to be sure that it was not full of errors.

I do have a copy of it as a word document.

I understand how to do it and I made an Excel spreadsheet that does a very good job.

I have modeled this and many other antennae in software and just between you and me and I will not name the company, but back in the day I worked for one of the larger amateur radio and commercial antenna manufacturers.

I have even been to the Dayton Hamvention on the companies dime, first class all the way. Ah, the good old days when I was more than fifty percent alive.

Back to my spreadsheet, it takes into account some things such as but not limited to...

The antenna impedance ZA normalized to the impedance Z0 of the transmission line used for the matching network.

The normalized (inductive) reactance of the shorted stub section.

Antenna Feed point Impedance of the half wave radiator portion of the j-pole antenna.

It is not very user friendly.

My medications are getting ahead of me again and this is one of my sleepless periods, I have been up for 27 hours.

I may repost my post that I posted after I recheck my post that I posted prior to reposting the post that I posted.

It is time for me to stop trying to post for awhile.

Thanks for the reply.