View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks for the replies. I got this thing from "that auction site" for $0.99. The guy said that he put three batteries in it and got nothing. Well, it takes four AA batteries. But it still has no vertical deflection. I mentioned that the line is crisp which to me means that it has excellent focus etc.

I have a Dick Smith ESR meter so I will most likely look into those pesky little electrolytic capacitors. Yes, bulging doesn't get it!

I collect little televisions since the analog went off of the air. They often go cheap and I just think that they are just cute. I have an assortment of the Sony jobs and this is my first Panasonic. Maybe one day, the TR-001! I do have a mint Sony FD-210 in the box, with all accessories and yes, it does work! I also have another basket case that had corroded batteries that leaked all down into the PC board. I hate to see that.

Again, thanks for the comments and I welcome any and many more. I usually "Hang Out" in the B/W and Color forums above this one and also on AK.

And, my real name is Don Cavey...