View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 10:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Tom, I'll try to email you soon.

I did have a setback. I finished replacing the last of the caps (all in the color circuit) and tied up some other little loose ends. The set powered up great. I was adjusting the HV to specs and it was very, very close. Then, without warning, HV went away. I was able to bring it back to some extent with an external horiz osc source but as of right now I have good voltages at the horiz. output, no red plating, no HV. Another clue: the Philco information (found at the ETF website-thanks Nick!) has you connect a meter in place of the sweep circuit fuse. It's supposed to read 2.1ma but I was getting 160ma. (Though now, on the bench, it's back to normal) I also noted excessive heat at the horizontal limiting coil. Even before this, I kept coming back to things not being right in the -25v line. So, I have it back on the bench and am slowly trying to troubleshoot. Oh, well, I went through a similar struggle with my CTC-5 many moons ago and it worked out in the end. I am anxious to get this behind me so I can start waking up the color circuit.