View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 03:13 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yahoo! I got it!! I went through this morning and took the motor apart completely. I didn't have thinner but I did have some clipper blade cleaner used for hair clippers. I dipped the plates that house the motor bearings in there. I had to go to town for a few hours and when I got back I put it all back together. I made some new rubber motor mounts out of some grommets I had. I was able to put one in the hole on the motor frame and then cut a different size grommet in half. By doing this it put it at the exact height. I then put on idler with the O ring on it and assembled it all back. After this it seems to be correct speed and will eject.

In the video below you can hear it playing. I still need to adjust the head so it will land on the record good. Then I need to glue up some pieces and then wax the outside. Thanks for the advice folks it was spot on. Even though I worked on tube stuff for years I went on a hiatus for 20 years. Also adding to issues I am seeing now is stuff like SMD, crystal cartridges going bad, and more issues with rubber rottening. Back years ago what you saw was a radio that quit working so you would find out why. Now not only do you have that you have issues with problems caused by age. Any I am well pleased. Thanks again folks, here is a video of it playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ7G...ature=youtu.be
Audiokarma