View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Back when I was 16 or 17, I had a 65 Ford F-100 (6cly with a 3 on the tree). I was driving to work and was approaching a red light, when I went to push down on the brakes, to the floor it went. I was going about 35 mphs. The emergency brake had been out for some time. Ended up throwing it into reverse and letting the clutch out. I stopped prior to hitting the car in front. I made it the rest of the way to work. I sprung a leak in the line near the master cylinder. Repaired it and filled the fluid.

Speaking of cars without power steering. I had a 67 Oldsmobile F-85 with manual steering. I was being lazy one day and took it to Wal-Mart for an oil change. When they were done, the young kid, told me that I needed have the power steering unit repaird, since it wasn't working.

Back in 2008 my dad needed a cheap decent car(he traveled close to 100 miles round trip to work). Kia was offering a new 2008 Kia Rio, manual windows, manual locks, manual transmission, MANUAL STEERING, no a/c, and NO RADIO for just under $10,000. I was surprised to hear that a new car would come with manual steering and no radio.