View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 04:15 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubis7 View Post
Okay.

So additional question, how do I know if my signal generator is outputting anything on its AF output? I haven't found anyone that has a good test for deciding if that part works yet.

Say I connected the leads directly to a known good speaker. Should I hear something coming out on that?
If the audio output is strong enough it should drive the speaker to where you can hear with your ear next to it...if not do you have a set of computer speakers or an audio amp with an audio input? You can connect a weak audio output from the generator to those and hear the audio tone.

Generator opperation note: if your generator is similar to my Heathkit IG-102 the compound audio input output jack will only output audio if the internal/external modulation switch is set to internal. And the modulation/AF out pot will set the audio out level.
You can probably use this generator as an AM transmitter if you want...if you set modulation to external and connect an music source to the audio input jack it. Should transmit it...Some of these tube generators (like my Heathkit) need a powerful audio input (output of an amp) to modulate noticably/sufficiently.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4