View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 08:40 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I've been wanting a 67-68 or a 71 up convertible too. The last year or too of the first gen FWD ones lack the cool hidden headlights, and the second gen FWD only looks good as a convertible. (The first gen never was offered as a convertible).

There's a first gen up north that aside from needing a repaint and a new vinyl top is good enough to Temp me to buy it... Winter is helping me stay disciplined though.

There's something special about the styling of the first FWD Eldorados that is timeless and classic....they could probably build that same car today (with tweaks to conform to current gubbamint standards) and it would look like a current car.... It'd probably be a super car with what they can get out of that if they fuel injected it.

I also like the first gen Toronados... just like the eldorado they made it ugly just before giving it a new body.
Yeah It's the most attainable car on my list, as I see them on my local CL in good shape and under $5000. Also theres some kind of strange perverted allure in having a 500 cu in engine driving the front wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
My only car now is the '03 Grand Marquis (I have 81K on it now), the windshield started cracking, but after I changed those ignition coils, it remains a good driver, even in the snow.

I've been kind of (not too seriously) looking around for something that would make a nice console-hauler: truck, van, station wagon... I'd like something older (I'd prefer late-50s - 60s - early-70s, but I'd go as late as mid-80s at the absolute newest), preferably with a V8, but I'd consider something with a I6 if I liked everything else about it. And I'm more of a GM guy, but I'd go for a nice Ford or Chrysler if I found one...
Maybe an early two tone painted GMT-400 pickup in 2WD with a tree-fitty and a high geared rear end