View Single Post
Old 12-15-2016, 02:31 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jody Thornton View Post
Of course, there is no one any longer broadcasting television on this analog spectrum, so there would really be no longer any nearby TV stations (at least on the VHF channel range, no?)
DTV OTA broadcasts use the same carrier channel assignments and most of the channels that Analog NTSC did. There are two VHF DTV carriers viewable in my area. One is channel 5 (it or a close-by low band FM interfere with channel 6) and the other the other is Channel 8. I use a Zenith IIRC DT-900 DTV box in manual mode to tell me what RF (not virtual) channels each carrier is on and have a chart (it's at home presently so no pic till later) of what carriers I can detect (even the ones I can't watch)

The UHF band is pretty packed with DTV stations (IIRC between 20 and 50 is the worst).
I have a decent number of pre-1964 VHF only sets so I have transmitted on VHF primarily CH2, 7, 9, 11, 13 (some of my mods are fixed channel, and some of my equipment has died or been swapped so things have varied). I have some gear that can do UHF and I'd like to test my UHF tuners so I may go UHF soon (finding a good empty channel could get fun )....I have one device that can do beyond UHF 83...I may have to make a Channel 84 if any of my continuous tuners can receive it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4