View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Tin Can;

Your jail bars are generated in the flyback area or Horiz Yoke area, not the low voltage power supply. Not even the caps in the low voltage power supply. The low voltage PS is designed to filter out 60hz, not so much the 15K spike traveling throughout your tv. And you will see it everywhere, but its made in one spot, and its pretty strong to get everywhere....Is the size of the horiz pulse off the driver transistor the right size and shape? This drives the horiz. output transistor.

Lets see, The biggest problem to solving or making progress in this, is that all of us don't have a schematic. So, at least you should post the horiz, section, From the Horiz Osc, to the high voltage wire to the picture tube.

Also, there are things called decoupling capacitors. They take the signal generated by a noisy item and run it to ground. They are not called that on any schematic for your tv, but they are there..... They are near the horiz output circuit, it will be a 30uf cap, or less and it runs the sharp point of the horiz pulse driving the horiz output transformer to ground.

If you remember I posted a picture with lots of red dots, find similar items near the horiz. output transformer on your schematic, and begin replacing them. Check for an open coil near it, or open winding leg on the flyback that goes to a cap to ground. You should check each winding on the flyback for posted resistance to see if one is open, or changed value.