View Single Post
Old 04-28-2019, 10:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

I've cleaned it up a little bit, you could tell this unit was in a smoker's home origtinally as it was just covered in tobacco tar from top to bottom, and I was able to power this thing up briefly and surprisingly enough the amplifier had no 60 hz hum coming out of the speaker! which is amazing for a record player from the early 1950s like this unit is, it even still has its original Zenith branded tubes in it yet. with a date code of 1953.

sadly enough the speed control marker placard is coming off now, and I'm wondering if maybe the person who had this in their booth at the antique mall might have the record size marker pacard still in his possession as it seems like it might of fallen off while it was in his possession and he may of just forgot to put it with the record player for the new owner to glue back on the unit, which is why I'm going to see if I can go back to the antique mall and see if the mall owner can get ahold of the booth owner who had the record player in their booth and see if they have that placard still.