View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 08:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

The local news end quickly as I remember.I haven't watch it completely in a long time .After the sports they run a set of adverts and come back for a couple minutes with a recap or fluff filler like "entertainment fluff " or local happy news reports and close up the show saying who on the late shows and see you back on the AM morning shows and the credits roll if its the 11pm news .6pm will close as the anchors stay tune for the Network news and see you at 11pm and the credits roll.Still to this day i wonder why they bother going off at 11:35 instead of just 11:30 sharp.

At this point there is to much news on local TV.It used too be a quick AM morning report 12 noon , 6PM and 11PM Now they all expanded in the morning before the network news shows start .Now some channels the 6PM news to start at 4PM.Then after the late night talkers are over and after the syndicated shows some station rerun the 11PM or like CBS affiliates can go to CBS late overnight news .

The syndicated show producers are probably taking a killing with this because of all the time slots that used too be for them. Now I'm waiting to see when the station will take over the pre prime time 7 to 8PM with news.So much for the Wheel,Jeopardy,Entertainment Tonight,Inside Edition and other shows that run in the time slot.

Last edited by centralradio; 06-17-2017 at 08:22 PM.