View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 01:33 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellyrescue View Post
That's a pretty good rap sheet, I'm feeling mine is gonna be a similar way, I don't hold much hope for the flyback lasting any length of time. But you never know.
The fly looks good, and IIRC you (or was it the other guy?) had HV. If it looks that good and works then there are a couple of things you can do to ensure it lasts.

First, go through the complete horizontal setup procedure and make sure to minimize the horizontal cathode current. The schematic probably quotes a max somewhere around 210mA when adjusted correctly it should never go above 200mA and 175-195mA is the typical minimum achievable. (this can be influenced by line and B+ voltage so feeding it a constant optimum line voltage through a regulating isolation transformer is a good move) If you can't get it more than 10mA below the max spec you may want to go over the parts in the horizontal section with a fine tooth comb to improve performance.

Second, if the first steps have been successfully run the set for intervals between 30 min and 4hours then power the set off and quickly feel it's temperature if it is close to body temp or cooler your good, but if it feels uncomfortably hot add some ventilation holes and or a cooling fan to the HV cage.

I've run sets with worse looking flys for years on daily driver status with this method and had 0 fly failures from it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma