View Single Post
Old 07-10-2023, 11:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeSimon View Post
Thanks. I will see if I can source resistors rated for 6kv. On a related topic, my T933 also has limited contrast range and limited sharpness range. The contrast gets bright enough, but there is very little difference between min and max contrast. Sharpness is similar. There is some difference in sharpness between min and max, but not nearly as much as my T931 where the highest sharpness setting makes the video very sharp to the point where pressing a button on a wired game controller causes enough electromagnetic noise to show up in the video. Were you able to fix the limited contrast range on your T933? Have you seen limited sharpness range?

I am hoping it doesn’t need an RF alignment, though I do own an oscope and a B&K 415 Mark & Sweep Generator. I know how to use my oscope, but haven’t spent the time to read the 100 page manual for the B&K 415.
With mine anyway, the issue with weak contrast was that it was VERY VERY picky about the tubes put into it, even though NOS tubes were used, it just did not like them, had to try 2-3 to get best resuts for video ouput, video amp, etc.