View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 02:04 PM
VideoKarma Member

I recapped the electrolytics in the remote chassis, and realigned it. The alignment for the channel turning function really had to be spot-on before it worked. And I had to clean some hard grease out of the mechanism for rotating the tuner.

I finally had a chance to use my RCA "Remote Control Standard SC-601" It basically produces a sine wave at all the different frequencies the RCA remotes operated at. It also has a built in microphone for testing remotes. You can just hook it up it the receiver instead of the microphone. I didn't have any guide as to where to put the scope, put I attached it where you see the arrows in the schematic. That was an easy place to attach the probe, right on the transistors on top of the board. Then you adjust the tuned coil corresponding to the frequency your using to maximize the amplitude of the wave on the scope. That initial transformer which all 3 frequencies pass through can be adjusted with any of the frequencies and the scope at any of 3 corresponding points. I tried it with each frequency separately, and I wound up setting it at nearly the same spot either way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca remote2.jpg (12.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg rca remote.jpg (83.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg rcaremote3.jpg (23.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg rcaremote4.jpg (40.1 KB, 31 views)