Thread: Rca Tk-41
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 02:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I'd give my Eyeteeth...Have absolutely no use whatsoever for one, lack the technical skills to keep one working, no real room to store/display one, but I'd STILL love to have one...Maybe someday Julian will cabbage on one, & I can go down & "love" on his, & get it out of my system...I just think they're kewl as all get-out. Always have, even when I was a widdle kid & would see one on TV...I've seen studio cameras since then, & even have owned a couple of industrial cameras, but it ain't the same thing...Those big ol' grey, humptyback beasts say "Color Television" in the same way a Roundie does-everything that came after is sorta a pretender to the throne. Or am I being silly as usual ?
Not at all in my opinion. Nothing beats having the original TK-41, the FIRST TV camera to be used for official colour broadcasting, well not the first, there was the TK-40 but anyways the TK-40/41 cameras are a must have for anyone into broadcast television history and to have them in working order would be mind blowing!!!

I personally have some 70s industrial Sony cameras myself including a 1974 colour Sony DXC-1200P camera http://www.labguysworld.com/Sony_DXC-1200.htm which I plan to restore with online technical help. I could go out and get myself a handycam but I think it's more fun to use an ancient colour camera made before I was born today, I love to shoot the modern world through the eye of a camera that's decades old, I get so much thrill out of it. It's a pity Australia got colour way too late, I would of loved to go trekkin around Australia tracking down TK-41s and roundie colour TVs.