View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 12:11 AM
<----Zenith C845

[QUOTE=WISCOJIM;3180643]It's been less than 8 hours after you posted and you've already got more than 120 people who have clicked on your thread. Sir, that is not being ignored.

Quote:
I think you need to realize that this is a forum for like-minded individuals to exchange thoughts and ideas through the internet, and not so much of a place to find local friends. You may need to try a dating service for that.
Dating service? I am not gay, and am not looking for that kind of relationship. I am only trying to find other people who share my interest in electronics, especially antique and vintage radios and televisions. I am trying so hard to find such people here because I live in an apartment building where everyone keeps to themselves, and will not have much to do with me. None of those people know the first thing about radio, television, or electronics. Moreover, I lost my father in 1998. He was an electrical engineer and taught me darned near everything I know about electronics, and I miss him. I was extremely close to him, and when he died it darned nearly tore the heart out of me. Now that he's gone, I have no one else to talk to about my interests, and that bothers me more than I can say here. To make matters even worse, I am something of a loner; have been all my life, and I don't see myself changing at this late point in my life (I am sixty years old). I knew quite a few people in my home town, but that was years and decades ago. Almost every person I ever knew in the Cleveland suburb I grew up in is now either dead or has left town. I toyed for awhile with the idea of moving back to my hometown, but there would be no point in it since I don't know anyone there anymore.

It's even worse where I live now. This is a very small town (population 3097), but as I said, everyone here keeps to themselves, so it is darn near impossible to get to know anyone unless you are extremely outgoing, and I'm not. Most people living here who have lots of friends have been here all their lives, but I have only been here seventeen years. I moved here 18 months after my father died because I always wanted to live in a small town (and because my father's third wife sold the house I grew up in; I couldn't have stayed there if I wanted to--long story), but good grief, I never realized I was going to be so darned isolated. I would gladly move back to my home town if I only knew some folks there, but unfortunately, as I said, almost everyone I used to know is either dead or has left town.

I did not mean to imply that I feel "everyone hates me" on VK. I am sure that's not the case; however, I do sometimes feel as if I am wasting my time starting threads or writing posts in response to existing threads. Good grief, all I want to be able to do is to share some of my knowledge of vacuum-tube-based radios and TVs with others who have the same interests, and to help others when I can with their electronic repair problems. As I mentioned earlier, there were members of VK years ago, almost all of whom, for whatever reason, have long since stopped posting here, who recognized my knowledge of certain types of antique and classic radios, particularly Zenith (I have several such radios here) and who would come to me for information on them.

As I said, I don't know much about solid-state radios or TVs and next to nothing about flat screens or digital TV, but I still remember perhaps 95 percent of what I know about tube-based radios and televisions. I just don't want all that knowledge to simply sit in my head unused.

Collecting, restoring and enjoying vintage Zenith radios since 2002

Zenith. Gone, but not forgotten.