View Single Post
Old 05-29-2020, 05:37 PM
VideoKarma Member

Flyback replacement for a Mitsubishi AM-1401R

I just received a neat little professional or prosumer grade TV/Monitor from the original owner who gave it to me under the promise that I show him pictures of it working once I get it working again. The TV is a Mitsubishi AM-1401R 14" portable with two sets of BNC video inputs and one of those EIAJ 8 pin TTL RGB inputs for connecting old computers to.

I found that the flyback transformer had arced out to some of the wiring nearby connecting the chassis to the neck board, charring both the wiring and the flyback casing. I am having trouble locating a replacement flyback for the unit since I am unfamiliar with this sort of replacement or substitution of a part. The part has a sticker with the following numbers, with the first being the part number and the second line that I am unsure of.

334P13801
FA21T

I would compare the specs of the existing part and simply find a similar spec part however I am unaware of any sort of data or cross reference for these parts.

I may try grinding away the charred section and coat it with some automotive silicone or something to see if it will power up and tell me if any other components are damaged or maybe this may be a good enough repair to permanently fix the set?