View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 02:37 AM
VideoKarma Member

that was my initial thought, but... I am able to focus the image on each CRT at a distance needed for greater than my screen size, maybe a 120"to 130" image. The convergence adjustments in the service menu allow me to adjust the geometry enough to account for keystone (enough atleast to produce a usable image on my kitchen ceiling. The throw distance is fairly short, like a 0.7:1 (from what i calculated) so that does make up for the lower lumens along with my 1.3:1 gain screen, I should be good in my almost blacked out room. Distance to the screen should be about 5'6", was able to focus each crt to a distance of about 7.5 feet and there was still room.. This light box was designed as a pretty universal unit for many different sets in the line.

I think the saving grace of this project is, i am dealing with the last of the CRT RPTV units, so this is about as good as it could get i think.

My biggest issue is modifying the CRT mount to clean up the convergence, the Red and Blue are at a but too much of an angle to get the convergence on my 100" screen.

That being said, Even if I never get satisfactory results, the project is still fun and to be able to say I did it, is enough for me. free is free, and I am a broke nerd, so I will take what i can get.

Last edited by cheddarbob; 07-02-2018 at 02:43 AM.