View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 10:17 PM
Followin' the Rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by user181 View Post
I've only now discovered that Panasonic has discontinued manufacture of snap-in electrolytic capacitors.

Of the remaining manufacturers, which one(s) do you guys regard as making good capacitors?

I found an equivalent-spec capacitor at Mouser made by United Chemi-Con -- what do you think of them?

Thanks!
What value and voltage?

Panasonic obsolete types continue to be stocked in depth by both Digi-Key and Mouser - unless you're needing production quantities (in which case Panasonic WILL open up the line...), you should be good. Digi-Key's selection:

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...=0&pageSize=25

EPCOS is my second choice in snap-in capacitors - Panasonic and NiC Components for all others (Radial Lead and SMD). Production of types/series are single-sited for Panasonic and NiC, meaning not much variation, as compared to Nichicon, UCC, and Lelon. They produce in multiple sites, and some type/series have differences among the plants - they are using "lessons learned" from the Fukishima disaster, when Panasonic and some others had long lead times, from no power, reduced power, shipping issues and the like. Dual-siting helps reduce the impact, but led to quality problems, mostly minor electrical and physical characteristic variances.
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!