View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM
Not sure how I got here.

Well, my first car was to be a mustang, I looked at tons of them, just ended up with the '73. And yes it was a cheap car, by the time it rusted away I was quite disgusted at the way it was made.... Between me and my brother we had a '71, 72, and '73. The ones with A/C had a slightly different setup because of the center air vent above the radio as I remember.... and different heater controls. But they easily came out right after the radio, Mine came out with the radio, who knows if it was original or not. And they were pretty much the same for lots of fords... Like the GM ones, The sliders came out not much further than in that Olds pic above, the rest was cabled over to the vent doors... There ain't no open or closed mind about it, cars were made with interchangeable sub-parts, and by that time it was pretty common that stuff like the radio and climate controls were clustered together. And most ford stuff fit several models, like gm stuff fit several models. Same controller with cables to the different placement of vent doors... Easy...

My tv repair boss had a '69 cutlass and his brother-in-law had a Buick skylark which he killed the engine in right there at the shop. One weekend they completely switched the interior, everything, the olds was ratty inside, but the buick was nice, when they were done, it was Olds on the outside, Buick on the inside.... From bucket seats, to bench seats... Only thing they left was the Olds steering wheel.... They were nuts... That was the service call vehicle, I drove that thing a lot, nice car, rocket v8, very fast.... When they closed the shop they sold it for $150. I missed the bucket seats, and the bench had a butt dent a little off when they moved it to the Olds from the Buick.

Last edited by Username1; 09-04-2013 at 04:19 PM.