View Single Post
Old 09-19-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin67 View Post
Ive found that all brands of changers usually need work, they all have grease and rubber parts that need to be renewed with age. on a BSR, take off the turntable, then remove the cam gear and clean the old grease out of the grooves in the cam , that usually solves a lot of the issues. Grease and oil oxidize, dry out, and pick up dust and dirt over time. look for anything else that has gummy grease on it, clean with Q tips and rubbing alcohol, and sparingly re grease. Don't lubricate parts that were not lubed originally. check the condition of the motor mounts and idler wheel while youre at it. Later BSR changers usually don't need to be completely disassembled, just work on one portion at a time. Usually you can get them working with that approach.
Yes, I see what you mean but why is it that the power switch on these late model BSR's almost always either seize up in the off position or in the on position (as is the case with this one) I have already encountered at least 3 late model BSR Changers where the power switch has seized up and it took me having to take the mechanism apart almost completely in order to get the power switch freed up again plus the aforementioned tracking issue with the tonearm where the tonearm/needle will just stick in one groove and skip continously unless a penny or a nickel is placed on top of the tonearm which to me seems like a design flaw where whatever they used to lubricate the tonearm and keep it moving freely just turns to glue and with it being nearly impossible to remove the shaft for the tonearm out of the record player its nearly impossible to clean off the old lubricant and apply new onto the tonearm shaft and reassemble.