View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 08:14 PM
Old TVs are better!

Rick (Titan1a) and I have know each other for over 37 years, and both of us have been interested and involved in all types of electronics, from old radios, TVs, and computers. (Rick is the computer buff). When I first read this post, I didn't even realize that your in Lincoln NE. I'm just a hop down I 80 in Omaha. I did consumer electronic repair for many, many years, when I gave it up as a steady income as most everything became cheap throw away items. I (now at age 65) just do electronic work only as a hobby. I have repaired/restored many items including 2 antique radios of Ricks, a Zenith 7S232, and a Philco 37-665 is a work in progress. I've repaired/restored everything from simple 5 tube radios, to my treasured 1954 Color TV, CTC2B 21CT55. If you need some help, advice, or I can be of some assistance, let me know. I love working on old electronics, but I'm not the person to do the cabinet work. I agree, find radios that you like and want, that appear to be in re-storable shape, and try to find bargains not only from sites on the web, but also check out estate sales, garage sales, etc. I'm sure I'm one of Ricks "electronic friends" that he mentions in his post above. If you like, contact me through my e-mail wjb122750@hotmail.com