View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 10:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

Well I am finally reviving this project after several months because well....i need it out of my kitchen and for it to be put in the game room where it belongs. I headed over to Ebay to pick up a flyback ring tester. I almost picked up a new antek blue ring tester but came across a new out of the box Heathkit ST-5235. I went with this tester because im a sucker for vintage gear and it had a few extra features that seemed useful. The standout one being the high voltage with both a 10kv and 40kv scale. I wasnt able to find the 990 MOhm probe for a reasonable price but managed to pick up the 1090 MOhm probe for a steal. I know the reading will be off but nothing a little math cant fix.

The reason I want to eliminate the flyback as the issue before I do anything else is because this part seems nonexistant anywhere. I have actually been unable to find a single reference to it online anywhere. This seems to apply to this set in general as well. I cant imagine they made more than a few thousand of these things that were imported here. anyways if the flyback is bad I am unsure if I will even be able to source a replacement so I'd rather know now than to go and do a bunch of other troubleshooting work only to find out later it was a waste because I cant get a replacement. I was also wondering if anybody might be able to help me with being able to find one. I'm sure most of you guys know a few things that I dont't.

Part# 47105388
This is an NEC part number

I have found several references to numbers that are close but none to this number. The closest that I have found is 47105380.

Anyways I will let you guys know what I find. I really want this thing to come back to life. It's too awesome not to.

Here is a picture from the service manual if it helps in any way.

Last edited by Shibby; 09-21-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Audiokarma