View Single Post
Old 04-30-2024, 09:20 PM
NIGHT STALKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol.2 View Post
As I mentioned earlier, you could also trace the voltages around the board. If there's a break in the PCB somewhere, that's usually a good way to find it
I'd likely need a fuller picture of the Sams' for that. Right now, I only have about a dozen pages out of 30. And I seriously doubt the board is broken, as the picture was perfect pre-recap. If it were fractured, how the flinkerjub would I begin repairing such a fault?

Quote:
Also, since you don't have a scope, you won't be able to check the various waveform that the Sam's calls out. Which, incidentally, is also a good reason to have at least a basic scope. You can look at all of those little black windows in the Sam's to make sure they look right.
And I sure wonder how'd you go about fixing a bad waveform. Actually, I think it might be worth it to buy the full Sams' for this TV, considering all the problems we're wading through.

Quote:
If you plan on doing this kind of thing any more than this one set, a scope is a pretty core tool in electronics troubleshooting
This is a one-time ordeal. I hope.

About the H disable circuit - I'm seriously stumped as to why it's being activated. Hopefully our lord and savior Sams' shall yield thy answers...

Last edited by luRaichu; 04-30-2024 at 09:28 PM. Reason: dubstep rave trap remix in a nightcore nightclub