View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 05:22 PM
Slave to 1 Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxwbill View Post
Thanks to everyone who replied here. I'm pleased to know that I ought to be able to enjoy this TV for a while yet.

I'd been meaning to come back here for a while now and post a picture of the set in operation (not that it's probably hard to find one, but...). So, here's one now.

Interestingly, my Sencore VG91 was not too happy when I powered it up. The colors in picture tests using them were grossly incorrect. I took it apart only to find a "bodge" wire had popped loose from a pin on a small logic IC. Not having any means handy to put it back, I just put the thing back together...and it worked. The S-Video connector still outputs incorrectly colored video, but composite and RF work fine. A project for another day...if anyone has some documentation or a schematic for it...

Note to post viewers both present and future: if Videokarma supports access over a secured connection or ever mandates such, you won't see the picture. (Modern browsers won't load "mixed" secure and non secure content by default. My server doesn't do HTTPS and making it do so looks far too much like work, and too much work at that, for a feature I don't need.)
Looks exactly like mine, mine was made in 2002 IIRC. My grade school buddy's brother in law was throwing it out when he got a flatscreen. Shame, it works perfectly. BTW, when Mom was still alive, she would choose this model to replace the 1982 model that I still have. I'm the furthest from a greenie, but we are wasteful as a society, tossing a perfectly functioning TV away. I guess it is because I came from a single parent household with Mom and both parents were Depression babies who remembers WWII so we used our things until it was worn out and fixing it was no longer an option.