View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 12:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Packard Bell ( Teledyne) Model #?

Hey Guys,
Back in the mid to late 70's I worked for a TV shop in Southern Indiana. We sold Zenith and RCA sets so that was the majority of the sets I worked on. Thrown in the mix was of course Philco, Sylvania, Magnavox and Admiral. One set I seldom saw was Packard Bell. I remember delivering a new Zenith set to a couple and taking away their trade in set. We always checked out the trade-ins to see if they would make a good used TV before we sent them to the scrap heap ( I wish I had that scrap heap today, lol ). Anyway, the trade in was a Packard Bell ( Teledyne ) set. Upon removing the back cover I discovered it was a vertical chassis design, all solid state and very similar to the Zenith vertical chassis sets. I don't remember what was wrong with it but it was something simple and easy to repair. The set had an awesome picture and I was quite impressed with it. To this day I have never seen another vertical chassis Packard Bell. I would like to know if anyone has a clue as to the chassis and model of this set ( I wouldn't think they would have made this for long ). Has anyone perhaps on the west cost ran into one of these sets? Any clues to information on this would be appreciated, I would even like to find one to purchase if possible.

Thanks,
Dennis