View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 10:45 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
I dont like the graphics as much on 5200 or 7800.... I think 2600 has the best Graphics

All thru my years I have played

Atari 2600 and 7800
I liked the 5200 because it used an analog joystick even though it was poorly implemented mechanically and it used multiple buttons. Something that far as I know wouldn't be seen again until the Nintendo 64 at least far as an analog joystick was concerned.

From what I understand from a YouTube video I watched, the 7800 could have been better than the NES if Atari had just installed more RAM as I believe it had better sound capability and also better video capability that was bottlenecked by the amount of RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
being able to play arcade games (Early 80s) on my mame emulator......
I had MAME on my XP computer and when I was able to recover the main drive I found that MAME worked on my Windows 10 PC as well.

I rarely play it though.

What I'd love to do is find a vector monitor, a vector generator and get vector MAME up and running so that I can play the vector arcade games.

Thing is the vector arcade games and the Vectrex had 3D graphics long before any console, raster arcade game and computer would be powerful enough for 3D graphics.
AKAI GX 255 RTR
iPod & computer
DIY speakers (upgrading them soon)
Audiokarma